2.11.2012

It's like a story, except not really


I'm late! I'm late! for a very important date! no time to say Hello, Goodbye! I'mlateI'mlateI'mlate!

- the white rabbit [Alice in Wonderland]

I went back and forth deciding whether or not to join Katie's Monthly Blog Thingy, Snippets of a Story.
In the end I decided to do it (even if I was a little late, and I don't have much to post) because I promised myself to get involved in writing, and I loved Katie's idea of putting together a few favorite snippets. Nothing special, just some randomosity from my writing endeavors :)

and yes, randomosity is a word, google chrome spell check is lying.

            Cale grabbed the guitar case from me. "You're an idiot," he said.
            "You're ugly," I reply.
            "You smell like fish."
            "You run like a girl."
            "You nearly got us killed."
            "There's a bomb in that guitar case."
            Cale opend and closed his mouth. He glanced at the case he was holding. He tried to say something again, but again he closed his mouth. Ah, sweet silence. I would have to bring bombs along more often.

-from Aevitas, my unfinished nanowrimo novel
            “Where did you learn to throw knives like that?” Breck said.
            “I would go out to the woods and practice. I wanted to be ready if I ever saw a single bloody Beetle.” Addie said.
            “So the whole time I was gone, while I was trying to protect you, you were playing around with knives? You were planning on using them?” Breck's voice rose.
            “I tried knitting for a while but I couldn't quite get the hang of it.” she said coolly. "Besides, I doubt the best sweater in the world could have protected me from a sword."
            "You wouldn't need protecting at all if you had stayed put." Brian said.
            "Children, children, am I going to have to separate you two?" Aurel said irritably.
-from the story I mentioned earlier (I still haven't found an appropriate title)


            Diana had imagined many things to fill her empty past, she had doubted some things people told about her, but she never doubted James. James was real, he was here, with her. And that's how it's always going to be, She decided.

-from The Blank Page
            He didn't stop, instead his voice rose higher.
            "They say they want freedom, they say they want justice, but do they do anything about it? No! They sit there like a lump of coal waiting to be burned. I won't join them. I won't stand by and watch. If I'm going to die, let death find me doing something a normal human being would be doing."
            "Something normal. Right. Like single handedly trying to save the world and all that," I say.
            "Exactly," he said. And for the first time that morning he smiles at me.

-from Aevitas,

            Diana took a deep breath through her nose. She tried closing her eyes to focus on the smell, but they fluttered open again. She took it all in, the birds singing, the breeze's kiss, the brightly colored flowers that seemed to grow just for her. Did the sun usually shine this bright? No, today was a special day. A new day, born for her.

-from The Blank Page

            The dim light coming from the lantern in the hall wasn't enough for me to make out Cale's face. 
            "I can't see you," I whisper. I felt like anything louder would shatter the eerie silence and something bad would happen. I felt his hand grasping mine.
            "Yes, they obviously don't like to waste electricity on jails," he said just as quietly. "Maybe they just care about the environment."
            I didn't have the strength to reply. He was trying to cheer me up, if only half heartedly, but it wasn't working. Not this time.
            "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Kyra," he whispered. "We're going to save this world yet, you wait and see."
-from Aevitas
            Sophia looked once more at the ruins around her, at the decay, the ashes, the few pieces of smoldering metal. Yes, when death decided to come it waited for no one, and it chose no favorites. Why then, was her heart still beating in her chest? What had she done to deserve an escape? Nothing. She thought. It's not fair. 
            Who knew she would be standing here, and not the least bit glad she was alive.

-from my titleless story

Be sure to see Katie's blog for the other's posts and link up if you can :)

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, these snippets are so full of mystery... Makes me want to know more about all your stories (and characters!) in progress. Loverly work!

    Thanks for joining Snippets. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.