2.14.2012

Happy is the heart

Pinned Image

SO. I was thinking of doing a normal blog post about valentine's day- about how I love making cards, all the fresh flowers and the pastel colors. How we have a whole day to celebrate love. Which is pretty cool, seeing as we don't have any hollidays celebratin happiness or virtue or hope (even if these are wonderful things) because love is special.  1 Corinthians 13:13

but instead, I'm going to be realistic here. Don't get me wrong, everything above is one hundred percent true. But I'm going to show you the rest of it too. What my Valentines day really looks like.
In other words the not normal and just plain cheesy parts.

First, I don't have a 'Valentine'. and I'm not desperate to have one either. Again, I could do the norm here and say Jesus is my Valentine (which of course again, is true, as he is my true love) but the truth is I don't care if I have a valentine because I don't need one to have a wonderful day full of love.

This morning when I woke up my siblings and I say "I love you, I love you, I loove yoooooou!" In Buddy's voice (Anybody seen Elf? ;) and laugh about it as only we can at eachother's cheesy jokes.

I spent the rest of the morning with my baby sister 3 year old sister. We went to the book store, shared a chocolate chip scone, went to the playground and took a few pictures.  





And then three of my greatest friends and I had lunch together.


see, this is what I mean by not needing a valentine. I got people who I love and they give me candy. Admittedly, I ate that before I took pictures :)

One of my friends gave us all pink play dough. I think that's one of the best valentine's gifts I've ever gotten. This is what the next two hours looked like for us:






playdough, pictures, chocolate, and talking about nothing inparticular. probably not what you did, but it was great :)
(and obviously I wasn't in the greatest photography mode today, apologies)

and then I took a nap. a valentine's day nap. I read Through the Looking Glass. and then I did chores and had dinner. 

and now I'm here listening to Everybody by Ingred Michelson. perfect.

Happy Valentine's Day guys <3

okloveyoubye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.