12.06.2011

perfect is overrated

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters."
- Audrey Hepburn
We come across this everyday. Don't worry, be happy, 'cause that sounds really nice and dandy.
 That's the way we live isn't it? In pursuit of happiness?
"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change. Life is too short to be anything but happy."
To be succesful, loved, and content. Without pain. without regret. without worries. without fear.
This is the ideal life everyone strives for.

I don't believe I will ever meet a single person who has achieved this. We don't live in a world filled with lollipops and gumdrops. The fact is, I am very glad for this.

In no way do I go looking for pain and sorrow, or anticipate it coming, but I think these are the most instructive and beneficial companions. I am actually very glad for them. They make life more of an adventure.

Every once in a while, when things are rough, I don't want to just hold my chin up, and smile, and sing "every little thing is gonna be all right".
I just want to cry and will the pain to numb, or else thrash around furiously trying to get out of it.

I always do eventually, get out of it, but when I'm in the middle of that dark place I'm not thinking of when that will be, or just pretend there is nothing to worry about. The present is too demanding of my immediate attention.

I'm tired of everyone trying to sell me this happy life. To focus on being perfect. I have trials because I'm alive, and I endure those trials because that's how you survive.

No peice of art is all gold. My life is full of color. My life is full of contrast. It's full of flavor and thrills.

My life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.