12.21.2011

Necessity is the mother of invention

-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet, you have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last minute panic.

-Calvin and Hobbs
They tell me Christmas is in four days. Impossible I say, There is too much to do and only no time to do it in. But we make it work. The busy-ness is just there to make it interesting.

Yesterday we spent most of the day baking. I was able to make two desserts and a pile of tamales without making a disaster of things. This is really saying something, as everyone always gets nervous when I am working in the kitchen.











hence I found another reason to love Christmas-

funny how many things you find yourself to be when faced with the last minute. Necessity is my best source of inspiration.
When you only have one day to bake everything Christmas, you find yourself an excellent baker.
When your broke, and need some unique gifts to give, you suddenly find how crafty you can be.

I've always like making my own things, it makes them special and unique, exactly the way I want it, and frankly makes me feel creative. After realizing just how much I can do when I put my mind to it, makes me want to do it more often. Maybe you'll see a link to my new etsy shop soon if I get a wave of crazy to do something like that, who knows. Any ideas for a name?

I won't be able to post again for a while, I am not like those super bloggers that can post all their excitement around the holidays. So I'll just end by wishing you a most merry Christmas to you lovelies! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.