10.07.2011

To make a Prairie

listening to: the show by Lenka
word love: phosphenes- the stars and colors you see when you rub your eyes 

To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.
the revery alone will do,
If bees are few.

-Emily Dickinson


o goodness and gumdrops I love Emily Dickinson! Her poetry is simple and beautiful- I think this has to be one of my favorite-ist poems ever.

I am a quote junkie (see my new nifty quote box in the side bar), but every once in a while replacing "quote love" at the top I will put "word love" with a crazy dictionary word that makes me happy. 
unfortunately i found some flaws with the English dictionary :(

Words that do not exist in the English language:

l' esprit de escalier: (French) The feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. Translated it means "the spirit of the staircase."

waldeinsamkeit: (German) The feeling of being alone in the woods

meraki: (Greek) Doing something with soul, creativity, or love

forelsket: (Norwegian) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.

gheegle: (Filipino) The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is unbearably cute.

pochemuchka: (Russian) A person who asks a lot of questions.

pena ajena: (Mexican Spanish) The embarrassment you feel watching someone else's humiliation

cualacino: (Italian) The mark left on a table by a cold glass.

saudade (sow-da-jee): (Portuguese, Galician) the feeling one gets when realizing one once had is lost and can never be had again

another reason why I want to be poly-lingual. some day!... why you laugh? It will happen I tell you!

okloveyoubye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.