4.28.2012

So little me

Why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? Why must there be so little me and so much sky?

-Piglet
I sympathize with piglet. A lot. And I always have.I have wished I could join him on a picnic in the hundred acre wood, pat him onthe shoulder and tell him I understand.
Because I have a confession to make: I am short. And when I say short, I mean oh so very, very small. Always have been, probably always will.
I usually don’t mind, you see; I can’t imagine myself tall. It would unravel part of the essence of my person I should think. It would take away a lot of inside jokes and funny memories that weren’t so funny at the time. It’s my excuse for wearing high heels even though I’m so wobbly inthem. It made a very memorable game of musical chairs, where shakespear was proven right when he said, "find though she be but little, she is fierce."
And now brace yourself because here is where I rant about all the problems that come with being short.
Problem 1:
            Having to find shoes that fit without Justin Beiber on them.

Problem 2:
            When the grocery item I have myheart set on is on the top shelf.

Problem 3:
            When a tall person my age has to bend down to talk to me.

Problem 4:
            Standing in a circle with my friends and having to look up at everyone.

Problem 5:
            When the kids I babysit are taller than me.

Problem 6:
            When I tell someone how old I am and they say, “wow, you’re short.” This is me: Really? Oh my gosh, I had no idea.Thank you so much for pointing that out. Now I can do something about that thanks to your genius observant skills.

Problem 7:
            When my childhood nickname was “shrimp” and “midget” and “shortee” and I had no idea for the longest time that it was insulting.

Problem 8:
            When the sun viser doesn’t even help when I’m driving because I am too short.

Problem 9:
            Talking to someone from behind and they turn around and look right over my head.

Problem10:
            When people at least 3 inches taller than me complain they are too short.


So long story short (no pun intended), I’ll quote never shout never:

You’re only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you’re only as small as the world will make you seem.
And when the going gets rough
And you feel like you may fall
Just look on the bright side
You’re roughly six feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.