10.08.2010

Hi! I wanted to share with y'all a poem-I hope you like it!
Let Me Carry It
Once upon an evening,
God gave me a life.
It was good and full of meaning,
Beautiful, and free of strife.
I was glad to be His daughter,
To be walking in the light.
I had the living water,
And I did what I thought was right.
But I still had my worries, my anger, my pride
I would not show them to the crown.
My faults and troubles I tried to hide
Till my burden weighed me down.
"Let me carry it," said my Father,
"For you are weak and battered."
I said,"No, there are weaker souls You can bother!"
And I labored till my life fell and shattered.
So God stooped down to earth
To carry my broken soul.
I knew not He could give me mirth,
And yet He made me whole.
So I said,"Surely now I can carry the load."
And I took away from God's rightful reign.
But I soon learned it was a dark and hard road,
For I fell and wept again.
"Father!" I cried, "Why do we have painful years?
And why can't our moments be gay?"
He replied,"There will be a glorious day when there are no more tears.
But through these dark moments let me carry you today."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts or opinion on my writings. In fact, it makes my day! This is your place on my blog to be heard. Thank you ever so much, I read and cherish every one.